Welcome to the October 2015 edition of the Albany Stamps collector e-newsletter.
In the past month we have added lots more stamp issues to our shop site www.albanystamps.co.uk covering GB regional First Day Covers, miniature sheets, commemoratives, and definitives. So it is worth revisiting areas on the site.
Next GB stamp issues to be aware of:
On the 20th October there an issue of 12 first class Star Wars stamps featuring nine leading characters from episodes I to VI of this globally popular saga, together with three new characters from the forthcoming film The Force Awakens. The stamps in sequence are:
- Darth Vader Once a Jedi, Vader went to the Dark Side and became a Sith Lord.
- Yoda This Jedi Master trained many Jedi Knights, including Luke.
- Obi-Wan KenobiThe Jedi Master who initiated Luke into the ways of the Force.
- Stormtrooper The white-armoured soldiers and shock-troops of the Empire.
- Han Solo Han was a smuggler by trade until joining the Rebel Alliance.
- Rey Rey lives by scavenging on the desert planet Jakku.
- Princess Leia A Senator for Alderaan and leader of the Rebel Alliance.
- The Emperor The Sith Lord, Sidious, who rules the galaxy as Emperor.
- Luke Skywalker The son of Anakin, and a key fighter for the Rebel Alliance.
- Boba Fett One of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy.
- Finn Once a Stormtrooper in the forces of the First Order.
- Kylo Ren A new symbol of terror, with a new kind of lightsaber.
This months featured Society Stamp fairs:
- Huntingdonshire Philatelic Society Stamp Fair with cigarette cards and postcards 10am to 3pm 24th October at St. Ives, Corn Exchange, The Pavement PE27 5AG.
- Bromley & Beckenham Philatelic Society Stamp & Postcard Fair 9.30am to 3.30pm 24th October At Langley Park Boys School, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham BR3 3BP.
If you are interested in subscribing to our 2016 new issues service to ensure you do not miss out on new issues including unaddressed First Day covers with special hand stamps just let us know by email at email@example.com
Best Regards Janet Hampton